In collaboration with foreign language teachers and high schools throughout the U.S., LPI organizes informative presentations designed to provide students and parents the opportunity to speak directly with an LPI representative about study abroad. LPI representatives work with interested teachers and parents to organize a presentation that best fits their needs and schedules. Presentations highlight the benefits of studying abroad, what's included on an LPI program, and can be given in both English and Spanish.
Types of Presentations
- Classroom Presentations - LPI representatives visit directly with Spanish, French, Italian and Chinese students during their high school language classes.
- School Assemblies / Club Meetings - LPI representatives present to groups of students during assemblies or during specific club meetings such as foreign language clubs and honor societies.
- Faculty Meetings - LPI representatives meet with faculty to explain in greater detail the LPI program.
- Career and College Center Visits - LPI representatives visit with students and counselors in the College and Career Center to discuss the benefits of study abroad while in high school.
- Information Tables - LPI representatives set up an information table on campus during lunch periods to speak with interested students and pass out program information.
- Parents' Night / Parent Teacher Association Meetings - LPI representatives speak to parents about the benefits of study abroad and provide program information.
- After-School Information Sessions - LPI representatives visit with interested students and parents during an after-school information session.
- Pre-Program Orientation Meetings - LPI representatives meet with enrolled students and their parents to discuss important information related to the program prior to departure.
- Summer Seminars Abroad for Spanish Teachers - LPI is currently enrolling interested teachers for a seminar in Lima, Peru with Ohio State University! For program detail click here.